Go to Spungella for new posts.

> academyanimation is no longer active and serves as archives

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The 11second Club







The good old days of the 10second Club are gone. Unfortunately after a few technical problems the site died.

But now, thanks to Aja Bogdanoff, her husband Mark and other talented people, you will be getting the 11second Club! The premise is this: you get a dialogue clip every month, you animate to it and then people vote for their favorite animation. Having a monthly deadline is great (especially for lazy bastards like myself) and it's a lot of fun to see what other people came up with.

I remember the 10second Club in email form, then the different website versions. It was a blast to see 40 to 80 different versions of the same audio clip, different models, different sets, etc. etc.

Like in any other artform, practice makes perfect. So even if you have classes this summer, but especially if not, I suggest you check out that site and start submitting your work. I will try to do the same, but I don't want to throw out another empty promise... :-)

Tata
JD

4 comments:

Erik Lee said...

I was so sad when 10 sec was gone. I agree with you, it's really excited to see other animator pop up a new idea, always amazing!

Amrit Derhgawen said...

Yep.. This is a great news! :)

Aziz Kocanaogullari said...

hey dennis!
thanks a lot for letting me know about this. hopefully, it'll give me some extra stuff to practice with.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Sure thing! I'll give it a shot for this months (2 week) contest. Don't know how I'll find the time but this week-end should work.

Banner