Go to Spungella for new posts.

> academyanimation is no longer active and serves as archives

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Did you get your own website?

Don't forget that your online portfolio is key to finding a job. It cuts down the time for people to evaluate your reel. Instead of waiting for the tape or DVD to arrive at the company, the HR people can watch your clips immediately online.

If you have a killer clip, people will notice it, pass the link along, and sooner or later, you'll get contacted by someone who wants to hire you. All that is not going to happen if you don't have an online presence.

Also, I won't be able to host all you guys' clips forever, I don't have unlimited webspace. So when I run out, I will have to delete the clips, which means that other people won't be able to watch them anymore, which is too bad. It's important for everybody to see other people's work in order to learn from it.

Don't wait, get your domain name and webhost now, it's really not that expensive anymore. I already wrote about it "Get your own website!" and I still recommend 1and1:

No comments:

Banner