Go to Spungella for new posts.

> academyanimation is no longer active and serves as archives

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Stick Figure Fundamentals" by Keith Lango

There is an interesting post over at Keith Lango's site, about posing your character and how drawing fundamentals can help you with it.

I don't know if I agree completely. Yes, drawing will help you with your poses, but if you don't know posing, composition, all these principles, then your drawing will still suck. But if you've studied these principles, then you can recognize what's wrong with bad poses. There is no need to draw them out. You can go ahead and fix it on your 3D model.

2 comments:

Olivier Ladeuix said...

I didn't comment on Keith website but I might do it here.

I like to sketch my poses before going on the computer. People who don't do it, I am not sure how they go about figuring out a pose but my guess would be that they have a vague idea what pose they want to achieve, load the rig, and tweak controls as long as it takes until they achieve this ideal pose they only had a vague idea about.

Till someone proves me wrong, I think it takes way longer to tweak those controls in maya than moving your pencil across a sheet of paper.

Jean-Denis Haas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banner