Go to Spungella for new posts.

> academyanimation is no longer active and serves as archives

Friday, November 30, 2007

The Animal/Human Motion Show DVDs

There is a really great DVD set called "The Animal Motion Show" (Vol. 1 & 2) and "The Human Motion Show". They are very expensive at $60, so if you can rent them or borrow them, it's probably better, but it's still a good investment though, just eat and drink less for a week then you can buy it. :)

Go to Rhino for more information about the DVDs, but like you saw in class, they are very nerdy and detailed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How often would you say you refer to these videos in your work today? At 60 bucks a pop I want to make sure they're worth it before I consider purchasing them. Thanks JD!

Jean-Denis Haas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is good stuff..
For animal reference I've been collecting animal documentary videos. Not only animal's motion also there is an aesthetic image in some good documentary. :-)

Anonymous said...

My co-worker and friend of mine Rob Kim worked on this series with his brother ,it's an awesome collection with great footage.The human behavior segment is my favorite, some really nice reference to study from for sutble motions. It's a must have for every animator.Enjoy.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Cool, tell him it's awesome!
I agree though that the price is very steep. I can imagine that if it would hover more around the $30 to $40 area more people would get it. Can't have all I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, My friend was telling me that one of the reason why the videos are so expensive is that they decided to go with the very expensive packaging case. But it's still worth having around for study.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

The packaging, really? Wow, I'd totally be cheap with that, content is king!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i guess they were going for the fight club fancy,glossy,fold out, double printed DVD casing. you're right content is KINg!!!

Banner