Go to Spungella for new posts.

> academyanimation is no longer active and serves as archives

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New Wall-E Teaser

This is the new teaser, which is unfortunately again only a teaser. Unfortunately because visually it looks really really good, I love the renders. Even though I think that animated features can't really be on the VFX Oscar list due to their non photo-real look (and usually there is nothing groundbreaking about them like Gollum, Davy Jones, or bullet-time (which didn't originate with Matrix, I know), this movie seems to be more appropriate than Ratatouille. I'm surprised that since Ratatouille is being considered, why not Surf's Up? Or Happy Feet before that? The look was great, but I suppose they didn't submit them.

The satellite "blanket" is classic! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone I know in ILM told me that ILM gets some shots of Wall-E for the realistic rendering. right?

Jean-Denis Haas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banner